Gather your supplies now and learn new zipper technique!
- Pattern Link (Live on 22nd February 5pm EST)
- The Magic Bag
- Video Tutorial by Sew HoneyBea
- My Inspirations
SnapN'Go series was inspired by my recent Japan trip. Having launched the Duffle Bag last month, I could not stop at one design, especially since the Travel Bug is back and most countries are opening up for tourists!
Our lifestyle is driving Climate Change at an unprecedented rate. Reducing the usage of plastics will help to reduce land and water pollution and promote Sustainability. More and more countries are encouraging the use of recyclable bags and plastic bags are chargeable.
I wanted more than a recyclable bag since there are plenty of patterns out in the market. I wanted a Tote Bag that I can use when I have even MORE stuff. An expandable zipper compartment is the answer and this is a new technique for me. Glad that perseverance paid off. After two attempts, I managed to ace it!
The luggage sleeve is a MUST especially after my unforgettable encounter with my popcorn buckets shopping bag. I am almost ready for my travels in June. Look out for more Travel-themed bags.
One can always use an extra Tote Bag especially when it is foldable, lightweight, and easy to carry around in their daily bag. Perfect for shopping, traveling, groceries and even better as a gift!
WHY Xpandable SnapN'Go Tote Bag?
- NEW Xpandable Zipper Technique
- Customize your own Xpandable SnapN'Go Tote Bag with various options
- Xpandable base
- 3 different methods of sewing - Binding, French Seams or Serger
- Beginner and Domestic Machine Friendly
- Foldable with a built-in pouch secured by Kam Snap
- Luggage sleeve with zipper pocket
- Slip and zipper pocket
- Compact and light-weight
- Uses less than 1 yard fabric
- Projector file
- Video tutorial by Sew HoneyBea
- Fabric - less than 1 yard (W53" x H36")
- Zipper By The Yard (#5 Nylon) - 2.37 yards (216.6 cm)
- Bias Tape (optional) - 2.33 yards (213 cm)
- Seat Belt Webbing - Minimum 2.19 yards (200 CM)
-  Zipper Pull
-  Kam Snap
-  3/4" (1.9 cm) Swivel Clasp for Key Leash
RECOMMENDED FABRIC BASE
- Crease/Wrinkle resistant fabric such as polycanvas.
- Ripstop, polyester or nylon waterproof/water resistant canvas
- Water-repellent fabric 75D with woven backing.
- Thickness not more than 0.3 mm or 335 gsm.
FABRIC NOT RECOMMENDED
- Fabric that requires interface (CW/CL).
- Fabric that has PVC coating as it will disintegrate over time.
- Fabric that is stretchable (not for Beginner sew).
Join in the Fun! Pattern Giveaway!
@sewfisticatedcraft Xpansion to the SnapN'Go series! New pattern coming soon and pattern giveaway! https://sewfisticatedcraft.com/blogs/my-inspirations/xpandable-snapngo-tote #sewingpattern #newpatternalert #bagmakersoftiktok #craftersoftiktok #sewistsoftiktok #sewfisticatedcraftdesigns #sewfisticatedsg #totebag #snapngo #recyclable #travel #travelbag #Collage ♬ Level Up - Ciara